There is nothing like some inspirational swimming quotes to fire you up when you feel like your swimming is going nowhere. At times when the going seems tough, some powerful words can be just the motivation you need.
Listed below are 11 of the most inspirational, motivating and powerful quotes. Some are anonymous but others are from some of the most successful names in the swimming world.
Which quote is going to stick in your head and go with you on your next trip to the swimming pool?
1. "The water is your friend...you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move."
2. "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch"
3. "Just because it isn't happening at this moment, doesn't mean it never will."
4. "Make each day your masterpiece."
5. "Work hard in silence. Let your success make the noise."
6. "The only difference between try and and triumph is a little umph."
7. "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better."
8. "I wouldn't say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it."
9. "Jump in and lose yourself."
10. "Being your best is not so much about overcoming the barriers other people place in front of you as it is about overcoming the barriers we place in front of ourselves."
11. "If you want to learn to swim, jump into the water. On dry land, no frame of mind is ever going to help you. "
My book 'How To Be A Swimming Teacher' contains some motivational quotes to help any teacher to get the most out their lessons.
He quotes Mark Van Doren as saying:
"The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery."
Benjamin Franklin's famous quote is a lesson to all of us in all walks of life:
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail."
And perhaps most notable and most relevant to all teachers, not just swimming teachers, is Thomas Carruthers' quote:
"A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary."
For a whole load of motivational quotes to help get you through each day, click over to BrainyQuote.